All In The Family: Wilbekin Brothers
Florida Basketball will have some new faces on the court this year, but there will be quite a few players returning including combo-guard Scottie Wilbekin.
The Gainesville native will be going into his sophomore year after he made waves during the 2011 season recording the best assist-to-turnover ratio on the team. In 37 games, the 6-2, 175 lb guard averaged 2.4 points, 1.5 rebounds, and 1.6 assists as a rookie.
However, there isn't just one successful Wilbekin playing the game in town; thirteen year old Andrew Wilbekin, who plays for the Gainesville Stampede, shared the USSSA National Championship with his 7th grade team.
The young Wilbekin told TV20 that he looks up to his brother for advice, direction, and motivation.
- Justice for a Dixie County Family: Pendarvis Sentenced to 28 years
- All In the Family for One Referee Crew
- Wilbekin Set to Sign with Gators
- Scotte Wilbekin Suspended Indefinitely for Gators Basketball
- Wilbekin Helps Florida Turn Close Game Into Rout Over Georgia
- Scottie Wilbekin's Redemption
- Two Brothers Lost In One Big Family
- FACA Announces All District and All-Star Football Teams
- CALDWELL JOINS BROTHER IN NFL
- Louthan Brothers Organize Charity Tennis Tournament