Brantley Sits Out Wednesday Scrimmage With Back Pain
Florida Gators quarterback John Brantley continues to miss scrimmages leading up to the first game of the season with a sore back. Gators Head Coach Will Muschamp said Brantley sat out Saturday morning's scrimmage, but WCJB TV20 has learned Brantley missed Wednesday's scrimmage as well, calling into the question the health of the Gators starter just 10 days before the start of the 2011 season.
Although the Ocala native has not played in the Gators most recent scrimmages, running back Jeff Demps says it should not affect Brantley for the September 3 opener against Florida Atlantic.
"I'm not concerned with him and his back issue," Demps said. "It gives him a chance to get back in the playbook and pick up the offense even better."
Muschamp says freshman Jeff Driskel is the current backup quarterback behind Brantley.
- TV20 Sports Tips: How to Deal with Back Pain
- Brantley Out For LSU, Driskel Expected To Start
- Treating Back Pain: What's The Best Treatment?
- Medical Spotlight 7/25/11 "Back Pain"
- New Treatments for Back Pain Suffers
- Trinity Catholic Sits Atop District 4, Routs Newberry 52-13
- Gator Football Roundup: The DR Express, Burton Hobbled, D for Decent, Sharrif Sits
- Gator Soccer Kickin' It in Orange and Blue Scrimmage
- Forest High Hosts Football Scrimmage, Referee Training Seminar
- Gator Volleyball Orange and Blue Scrimmage Wraps Up UF Fan Day