Community Bestows Special Gift on Trenton Baseball Player Battling Cancer
In a touching show of community support, friends, family, and several body shops around North Central Florida combined their efforts to give Trenton High School baseball player Corbin Wiggins a fully renovated truck. Wiggins is battling four different types of cancer, and last month baseball players from 11 area schools participated in the "Knock Cancer Out of the Park" fundraiser for Wiggins. This additional gift took him by total surprise.
"I did not expect this," Wiggins said. "Mom told me I had a doctors' appointment: what an appointment!"
- D'Aisha Porter Battles Cancer With Support of Community
- Florida Players Network Blue Carpet Special
- Trenton Baseball Tops Santa Fe in One-Run Thriller
- Outgoing Gator Baseball Players Look Back on World Series, Careers
- Trenton Community Supports Paralyzed Teen
- The City of Trenton Battles Aging Water Pipes
- Boys Battling Cancer Given VIP Treatment at Gatornationals
- Battling Cancer One Tour at a Time
- Member of The Bee Gees loses battle with cancer
- Fundraiser to be held for girl battling cancer