FSU Media Day Recap, Jimbo Fisher Comments on Relationship with WIll Muschamp
For the first time in over a decade, Florida State has high expectations for a once-dominant football program. It showed as much at FSU Media Day on Sunday, with dozens of reporters joining the buzz about the Seminole program. FSU is ranked fifth in the USA Today preseason poll, returning nine starters on defense and nine on offense, but lose quarterback Christian Ponder to the NFL. Redshirt junior E.J. Manuel will take the reins to the Nole offense. Manuel is 4-2 as a starter, and teammates don't expect a drop off at the QB position heading into the season.
Jimbo Fisher is in his second year as a head coach, and had complimentary words for new Gator head coach Will Muschamp. Even though the two will be bitter enemies on the gridiron, Fisher says he and Muschamp have had these battles before.
- Will Muschamp and Jimbo Fisher and a Lesson In Home Buying
- Meet and Greet: Media Members Speak With Muschamp, Players At UF Media Day
- Day Two of SEC Media Days; Muschamp,Players Talk Offense
- Muschamp Crystal Clear at Gator Football Media Day
- Muschamp and Fisher Defend Each Other's Shortcomings In 2011
- Muschamp on Comments to Fans: "I'm Talking to A Small Percentage"
- Fisher House 5K Raised Money, Spirits On Veterans Day
- Driskel Will Be Back for FSU, Even If In Limited Role
- Gators TE Leonard Plans to Transfer, Day Two Recap in Alabama
- Details Of Will Muschamp's Contract Released