Gator Soccer Kickin' It in Orange and Blue Scrimmage
The No. 9 Florida Gator soccer team gave a first-look to the 2011 season in its Orange & Blue scrimmage at the soccer practice fields. Players switched teams between the three 30-minute periods so different combinations could be seen in action by head coach Becky Burleigh.
“I was impressed with the level of play,” said Burleigh. “I liked how we were trying to play simple, with one or two touches. I thought it was a good job with good effort on both sides.”
The Gators open the 2011 season with four consecutive road matches. The season begins at Miami on Aug. 19 and then at Florida International on Aug. 21. The home season begins Sept. 2 at 7 p.m. versus Texas Tech.
- Gator Volleyball Orange and Blue Scrimmage Wraps Up UF Fan Day
- Gators Take the Field: Orange and Blue Debut
- Gator Volleyball Holds Orange and Blue Game
- Blue Beats Orange 13-10 in 2011 Gator Football Debut
- Details Announced For Annual Orange and Blue Game
- Details For Orange and Blue Game
- Freshman Made Impression At Orange and Blue Debut
- Changes Outlined For Orange and Blue Debut
- Orange and Blue Debut Preview
- Orange and Blue Debut 2013