Yahoo!Sports Article Incriminates Two Gator Players, Gators Wide Receivers Coach
A report alleging dozens of infractions by the University of Miami athletics program may have spilled over into Gator country.
Yahoo!Sports released a report Tuesday saying a Hurricanes booster gave millions of dollars worth of gifts to athletes and recruits. The article specifically names Gators Wide Receivers Coach Aubrey Hill, wide receiver Andre Debose, and offensive lineman Matt Patchan as all connected with federal felon Nevin Shapiro.
Shapiro told Yahoo!Sports he offered benefits to recruits and players from 2002 to 2010 including access to strip clubs, night clubs and his private yacht.
Shapiro said Hill, who was the recruiting coordinator for Miami from 2008-'10, was one of several coaches who directed recruits to Shapiro's home so the booster could make a recruiting pitch. In one incident, Shapiro says he gave equipment manager Sean Allen between $2,000-$3,000 in cash to pay for an evening of activities for Debose and two other recruits: the evening's activities allegedly included visits to area nightclubs and a strip club.
Meanwhile Shapiro says Matt Patchan also paid a visit to his house as a recruit.
The University of Florida released a statement in regards to the Yahoo! Sports report:
"Coach hill indicated he was very comfortable with, and very confident in how he conducted himself while at the University of Miami."
- Gators Wide Receivers Coach Hill Resigns
- Gators OC Pease Says Wide Receivers Should Be On Guard
- Gators Wide Receivers Taking Advantage Of Opportunities
- Gator Football Lands Wide Receiver Recruit
- Gator Players and Coaches Remember Favorite Holiday Moment
- Gator Football Team Hires Two New Coaches
- Gator Basketball Team Hires Two New Coaches, One Familiar Face
- Two Gator Basketball Players Arrested Over Weekend
- Two Gator Football Players Involved in Minor Car Crash
- Donovan, Parsons Named SEC Coach, Player of the Year, Respectively