Sturgis Ready to Cap Great Season With Groza Award
The journey has been a tough road for redshirt junior Caleb Sturgis, but the Florida kicker has made it back from injury, and gone as far as kickers can go in college football. Sturgis is one of three Lou Groza award finalists, naming the best placekicker in the country. He is joined by Dustin Hopkins from Florida State and Randy Bullock from Texas A&M. Sturgis battled back from medical redshirt a year ago to connect on 21-25 field goals, with three of the four misses coming from at least 49 yards or longer. This is the second time Sturgis has been in the running for the Groza award, named a semifinalist his sophomore season in 2009.
- Gators Cap Great Weekend at Florida Relays
- Gator Softball Racks Up Regular Season Awards
- Gator Gymnasts Ready For Season to Begin
- Lacroix Ready to Finish Tennis Season on Top
- Four New SEC Football Coaches Ready For Season To Begin
- Gator Volleyball Coach Mary Wise Not Quite Ready for a New Season
- Dr. James Robert Cade Receives Great Floridian Award
- Sturgis Lone UF Representative on AP All-SEC Teams
- Rainey, Sturgis Earn All-Conference Honors
- Ready or Not...Hurricane Season is Here!