Buchholz, Newberry, PK Yonge Advance to Girls Basketball State Final Four
The long season keeps going for three lucky area teams in North Central Florida. The Buchholz Bobcats advanced to the Class 7A Final Four for the second straight year after dispatching Viera 67-59.
In 3A, PK Yonge went on the road to Tallahassee and got a 66-58 victory over Maclay. This is the sixth time in the past seven years the Blue Wave have earned a spot in the State Final Four.
Newberry is the last team to advance to the Final Four, with the 1A team using pressure defense in a 49-40 win over Wildwood.
Gainesville High and Trinity Catholic's seasons came to an end. The Purple Hurricanes fell to Edgewater out of Orlando 94-61. The Celtics were doubled up at home, losing to Orlando Jones 58-27.
- Buchholz Girls Basketball Advance to State Final
- Five For Four: Handful of Local Girls Basketball Teams Within Reach of the State Final Four
- GHS, Bradford Softball Advance To Final Four, PK Yonge Falls Short
- Johnson Drops 49 as PK Yonge Defeats Buchholz In Girls Basketball
- Girls Basketball District Finals: Gainesville 79, Buchholz 75
- High School Boys Basketball Roundup: Two Area Teams Advance to State Final Four
- Newberry Girls Basketball Advances to First-Ever State Title Game, Beat Hilliard 49-45
- PK Yonge Advances, Buchholz Falls in District Softball Semifinals
- PK Yonge Softball Wins District Title, Keystone Advances to District Final
- Four Buchholz Bobcats Sign College Basketball Letters of Intent