Donovan Looks To Underclassmen For Leadership
As the Florida Gator basketball team reaches the penultimate game of the regular season, head coach Billy Donovan has increased the urgency in his call for leadership in key situations. Citing a lack of vocal leadership on the court from upperclassmen Kenny Boynton and Erving Walker, Donovan challenged his underclassmen-namely sophomores Patric Young and Scottie Wilbekin, and freshman Bradley Beal- to gather the team together for on-court huddles during the game. The Gators face Vanderbilt Tuesday night in Nashville, followed by the regular season finale against Kentucky on Saturday. Florida has guaranteed itself a top four seed (and thus a bye) in the SEC Basketball tournament, but Florida could still go in anywhere from 2-4 depending on results from the last two games.
- Gator Football Looking for Leadership
- Billy Donovan Looking for Overseas Play to Help Michael Frazier II
- With Hill Out, Donovan Looks to Other Options at Point Guard
- Donovan Looks For Leaders
- Rolle Model: Myron Rolle Hosts Leadership Camp
- Scholar/Athlete of the Week for 1/7/10 - Billy Donovan Jr.
- Donovan, Parsons Named SEC Coach, Player of the Year, Respectively
- Billy Donovan Discusses Developing Front Court
- Billy Donovan Celebrates Win Number 400
- Billy Donovan's take on Syracuse