Gator Roundup: Men's Tennis Keeps Rolling, Women's Tennis Falters, Softball Team Remains Unbeaten
The 18th-best team in the country came into Linder Stadium to face the Florida Gators, but Illinois' trip ended like the others that came before them. Fifth-ranked Florida got its fifth victory of the spring season, a 6-1 win over No. 18 Illinois. The Gators raced to an early 1-0 lead, taking the doubles point, and proceeded to take all but one singles match on the afternoon. Florida is 5-1 on the season, with all wins coming with at least six points or better.
The No. 1 Gator women's tennis team faced No. 2 Stanford on the road in a rematch of the 2011 National Championship. Stanford came out aggressive, sweeping all three doubles matches for the 1-0 lead, and ended Florida's 26-match win streak with a 5-2 victory.
The second-ranked Gator softball team stayed unbeaten after sweeping the USF Fairfield Inn Softball Tournament with wins over South Florida (3-2) and Florida Gulf Coast University (5-0). Florida needed eight-innings to put away the host Bulls, led by Kelsey Horton's two-RBI effort. Against FGCU, former Santa Fe Raider pitcher Shelby Morgan was in the circle and struck out six Gators in three innings. But Florida broke open the game with a four-run fifth inning to improve to 5-0 on the season.
- Gator Men's and Women's Tennis Teams Advance in NCAA Championships
- Gators Men's and Women's Tennis Teams Win SEC Tournament Titles
- Gators Men's and Women's Tennis Look for Sweet Results
- Gator Men's and Women's Tennis Advance to NCAA Round of Sixteen
- Gator Roundup: Men's Basketball Stunned in Arizona, Women Get First Road Win, Football Adds Another Recruit
- Gator Roundup: Men's Track and Field Earns Third-Straight NCAA Indoor Title, Baseball, Softball, Lacrosse All Get Saturday Wins
- Gator Women's Hoops Keeps Rolling
- Shelton Ready to Lead Gator Men's Tennis Team
- Gator Men's Tennis Advances to ITA Indoor Team Championships
- Gator Men's and Women's Golf Finish 3rd and 4th at SEC Tournament