High School Boys Basketball Roundup: Two Area Teams Advance to State Final Four
There were five area teams alive in the FHSAA Boys Basketball tournament, but when the dust settled on Regional Final Saturday the number was whittled down to two. Union County beat Chiefland 68-62 while Hawthorne got a road victory against Jefferson County 63-55 to make up the lone teams advancing to the State Final Four in Lakeland. Both play in Class 1A, and will see each other on Tuesday in the semifinals for an all-area showdown. The Hornets are making their first appearance in the State Semifinals for the first time since 2004. Meanwhile, the Tigers drought precedes that number by 10 years, not having made the final four since 1994.
In Class 7A, Forest fell to Oviedo 55-51.
In Class 5A, Eastside fell at home to Nature Coast Technical 52-39.
In Class 4A, Williston fell to Lake Highland Prep 75-62.
- High School Roundup 2-19-13 Boys Semi-Final Basketball
- High School Roundup: State Basketball Playoffs
- Friday Roundup: High School Basketball
- Area Teams Advance in High School Volleyball Playoffs
- Two Local High Schools Compete in State Semi-Finals Basketball
- Four Area Softball Teams Earn Trips to Final Four
- Five For Four: Handful of Local Girls Basketball Teams Within Reach of the State Final Four
- HS Baseball Roundup: Union County Going to State Semis, Other Area Teams Fall
- Buchholz, Newberry, PK Yonge Advance to Girls Basketball State Final Four
- North Marion Advances to Boys Basketball District Finals with 65-52 Win over Palatka