Bears WR Marshall Accused of Punching Woman in NYC
NEW YORK (AP) - New York City police say a woman has accused NFL star receiver Brandon Marshall of punching her in the face at a nightclub.
The woman alleges the incident occurred at 3:50 a.m. Sunday outside the Marquee in Manhattan's Chelsea neighborhood.
Police are investigating a complaint she filed Monday evening.
Marshall hasn't been charged.
Marshall was traded Tuesday from the Miami Dolphins to the Chicago Bears.
Both teams said Wednesday they were aware of the alleged incident before the trade.
Marshall's attorney didn't immediately return a call for comment.
Last year, Marshall's wife was arrested after he was stabbed in the abdomen during a domestic dispute. Charges were later dropped.
Marshall was involved in a 2007 fight in Denver that led to the drive-by slaying of the Broncos' Darrent Williams.
- Woman Punches Child in Face
- Brandon Spikes Earns SEC Honor
- One Voice Guest Brandon Hicks
- Catching up with Former Gator Brandon Siler
- Marshall to Enter Ring of Honor
- UF to Honor Wilber Marshall Saturday
- Marshall to Enter College Hall of Fame
- POWELL JOINS MARSHALL BASKETBALL
- GATOR ASSISTANT LEAVES FOR MARSHALL
- Man Accused of Sexually Assaulting Woman In Hawthorne Field