Gator Roundup: Men's Track and Field Earns Third-Straight NCAA Indoor Title, Baseball, Softball, Lacrosse All Get Saturday Wins
The Florida Gator Men's Track and Field team earned 52 points at the NCAA Indoor Track and Field Championships, besting Arkansas (47) by five points en route to their third-straight NCAA Indoor Championship. Sprinters Jeff Demps and Tony McQuay took home individual events in the 60 meter and 400 meter dashes. Junior jumper Omar Craddock also took first place in his event. The Gator Women's team finished in ninth place (22), well behind Oregon's NCAA-best 49 points for the championship.
In other Gator sports, the top-ranked Florida baseball team defeated Florida Gulf Coast 8-3 to earn the series victory. The Gators will look to sweep the Eagles on Sunday.
The Florida softball team earned a road victory against Tennessee 5-2. The Gators and Volunteers will play on Sunday with the series on the line.
The fifth-ranked Gator lacrosse team also got a big win against visiting Temple 20-3.
- National Champs! Gator Men's Track and Field Team Captures First NCAA Outdoor Title
- Gator Mens Track and Field Win 1st SEC Indoor Title Since '04
- Gator Women's Track and Field Wins SEC Title, Men Finish Second
- Panteliodis Propels Gator Baseball To Third-Straight Super Regional
- Gators Blank Commodores, Win SEC Tourney Title, Earn No. 2 Overall Seed In NCAA Baseball Tournament
- Gator Men's Basketball Loses Third Straight
- Buchholz Track and Field Wins 11th-Straight Boys County Title
- Gators Men's and Women's Track and Field Finish Second at SEC Outdoor Championships
- Gator Lacrosse Earns Second Straight ALC Title with 8-7 Win Over Northwestern
- Gator Roundup: Men's Tennis Keeps Rolling, Women's Tennis Falters, Softball Team Remains Unbeaten