Peyton Manning Heads To Denver, Tebow Headed Out?
NFL quarterbacks Peyton Manning and Tim Tebow played for rival schools in college and yet never crossed paths on the field. Now, the two could become teammates- if only for a short time. ESPN first reported that Manning will sign a contract with the Denver Broncos and contacted the other finalists (San Francisco and Tennessee) to inform them of his intention to sign with the Broncos. Manning sat out all of the 2011 season with a lingering neck injury, but the four-time NFL Most Valuable Player has still been seen as one of the biggest prizes to ever hit the free agent market. No formal announcement has been made by the team, though, as both Manning and the Broncos work on the language of the contract.
Meanwhile, Manning's arrival could signify Tebow's departure. The former Florida Gator Heisman trophy winner guided the Broncos to the playoffs last year, but the same ESPN report says Tebow could be traded in the wake of Manning coming to Denver. Tebow was drafted in the first round by Denver in 2010.
- Peyton Manning Officially Signs, Elway Hints at Tebow Trade
- Stan Drayton Out? What Does that Mean for Recruiting?
- Tebow Heads To Camp
- Tebow Heads Home...For A Day
- Losing Out?
- FCAT on the Way Out?
- Check Out Tebow's New 'Do!
- Fun With Tebow Cut Out Doll
- Tebow was Mismanaged; Former Jets Coach Speaks Out
- Tebow on Manning Watch List