Details For Orange and Blue Game
As distributed by UF sports information:
The University of Florida's 2012 Orange & Blue Debut, presented by Sunniland, will kick off Saturday at 1 p.m. at Florida's Ben Hill Griffin Stadium.
Due to renovations of the west concourse<http://www.gatorzone.com/westconcourse/> in Ben Hill Griffin Stadium, the entire west side of the stadium will be closed on game day. The following gates will be open for entry into the stadium: 7, 8, 12, 15, 16, 17 and 18. The upper north and upper south seating areas will be closed. Gates will open at 11:30 a.m. Stadium Map<http://www.gatorzone.com/football/spring/2012/files/stadium_map.pdf>
In addition to the annual Orange & Blue Debut, there will be plenty of other Gator teams in action over the weekend. The baseball team hosts a three-game series against LSU (Thursday-Saturday), softball hosts Ole Miss (Friday-Sunday), women's tennis hosts Arkansas (Friday) and LSU (Sunday) and the annual Pepsi Florida Relays will be held at Percy Beard Track (Friday-Saturday).
This year's Orange & Blue Debut will consist of four 12-minute quarters with a running clock. The clock will stop during the two-minute drill at the end of each half. The first-team offense will represent the Blue team, while the second-team offense will score for the Orange team. The first-team offense will square off against the first-team defense, while the second-team offense will face the second-team defense. Regardless of Orange or Blue team designations, the offense will wear blue jerseys and the defense will wear orange.
Please note that all game format guidelines are subject to change.
Guest Media Coaches
Continuing a tradition started at the 2011 Orange & Blue Debut, there will be special guest coaches from select media outlets. Guest coaches for this year's game are: Brady Ackerman of Sun Sports, Edward Aschoff of ESPN.com, Pat Dooley of the Gainesville Sun and Andy Staples of SI.com.
2012 ORANGE & BLUE DEBUT EVENT INFORMATION
Due to renovations of the west concourse in Ben Hill Griffin Stadium, the entire west side of the stadium will be closed on game day. The following gates will be open for entry into the stadium: 7 & 8 in the North End Zone, 12 & 15 on the East side, and Gates 16, 17 & 18 in the South End Zone. All seats are general admission. The upper north and south seating areas will be closed. Gates will open at 11:30 a.m.
On game day, fans can purchase tickets at Ben Hill Griffin Stadium from ticket booths on the West side of the stadium near Gates 1 and 3 and also from Gate 13. The O'Connell Center ticket booth at Gate 1 will also be open. All ticket windows will open at 9:00 a.m. Tickets are $5 each. Fans are strongly encouraged to purchase tickets in advance of game day to avoid long lines at the ticket window. Tickets can be purchased in person at the Gator Ticket Office<http://www.gatorzone.com/tickets/> located in Ben Hill Griffin Stadium during business hours, online through GatorZone.com<http://www.gatorzone.com/tickets/> or by phone (1-800-34-GATOR). There are a limited number of FREE tickets available at Florida Farm Bureau locations<http://www.floridafarmbureau.com/officelocator/default.aspx>. Admission is also free with valid ID cards for UF Students, Gator Boosters, Alumni Association members and F Club members.
Great Gator Yard Sale
The Gator SportShop's annual Great Gator Yard Sale begins at 8:00 a.m. outside of the Gator SportShop by Gate 9.
Verizon Gator FanFest
The FanFest will begin at 10:00 a.m. on Saturday in the north grass of Ben Hill Griffin Stadium. The event will have games, giveaways, live interviews and more.
The football team will hold Gator Walk at 10:30 a.m. on the north side of the stadium as they do for normal home games during the regular season.
Live television coverage on Sun Sports; Live online video via FoxSportsFlorida.com<http://www.foxsportsflorida.com/pages/gator_spring_livestream_v2> (subject to blackout in Florida); Gator IMG Sports Network airing on WRUF-AM 850 and WRUF-FM 103.7 locally, simulcast on Cox channel 946 in Gainesville/Ocala; GatorZone.com; Sirius Radio channel 91 and XM Radio channel 91. TV re-air on Sun Sports at 11:00pm on 4/7 and 8:30am on 4/8. On-demand video available on GatorVision Online<http://www.gatorvision.tv/> beginning 4/8 (subscription required).
* O'Connell Center surface lot - Reserved
* O'Connell Center garage - first-come, first-serve - use entrance on SW 2nd Ave.
* Disabled Parking - first-come, first-serve in the O'Connell Center surface lot
* Lemerand Dr. between University Ave. and Stadium Rd. will be closed beginning at 8:00 a.m.
* Post-game traffic on Lemerand Dr. will be southbound ONLY
* Shuttles will be running from the Commuter Lot on Lemerand Dr. starting at 9:00 a.m. They will drop off at the corner of Stadium Rd. and Lemerand Dr. Shuttles will continue to run through the end of the baseball game and Florida Relays.
* Please see the map for shuttle route<http://www.gatorzone.com/football/spring/2012/files/parking_map.pdf> and more information.
First Aid Stations
First aid stations will be located on the east side (between Gates 13 and 14), north end zone (inside Gate 8), as well as in the Champions Club and Touchdown Terrace.
Gator Guest Service Locations
Fans that have questions or need assistance can utilize Gator Guest Services, located inside Gates 7, 16, and 18. The main UAA switchboard will also be open at the main UAA lobby between Gates 1 & 2. To access this area, fans will need to exit the stadium and re-enter at Gate 1.
- Details Announced For Annual Orange and Blue Game
- Florida Volleyball Returns To The Court In Orange and Blue Game
- Due To Injuries, Orange and Blue Game Will Feature Just One Team
- Gator Volleyball Holds Orange and Blue Game
- Bomb Threat at Orange and Blue Game
- Orange & Blue Diamond Notes
- Mike Peterson Still Bleeds Orange & Blue
- Blue Beats Orange 13-10 in 2011 Gator Football Debut
- Gator Soccer Kickin' It in Orange and Blue Scrimmage
- Gator Volleyball Orange and Blue Scrimmage Wraps Up UF Fan Day