Gators Drafted in 4th and 5th Rounds
It's been 29 years since the Florida Gators had seen this type of futility in the NFL draft. But on Sunday, a few Florida players got the school back in the right direction. Defensive tackle Jaye Howard was selected 114th overall in the fourth round to the Seattle Seahawks, and running back Chris Rainey followed him in the fifth round, 159th overall, to the Pittsburgh Steelers.
Florida State also had to wait a while to see players from its school selected in the NFL draft. Outside linebacker Nigel Bradham (105) and offensive tackle Zebrie Sanders (144) were picked in the fourth and fifth rounds by the Buffalo Bills, respectively. Cornerback Mike Harris was selected in the sixth round by the Jacksonville Jaguars (176). Offensive tackle Andrew Datko was picked by the Green Bay Packers in the seventh round (241).
- Florida's Crawford, Gators Commit Danish Selected in 1st 2 Rounds of MLB Draft
- Gators Round Out Day 3 of Draft
- Six Gators Picked in First Ten Rounds of Major League Baseball Draft
- 4th Round Play Wraps Up at the Coates Championship
- Calathes Drafted in 2nd-Round
- Murphy Selected By Bulls In 2nd Round of NBA Draft
- NFL Draft Recap: Round 2
- Former Trinity Catholic Standout Antonio Allen Drafted in 7th Round
- NFL Draft Round 1 Roundup
- Dante Fowler Jr., D.J. Humphries Drafted in First Round