Gators Drafted in 4th and 5th Rounds
It's been 29 years since the Florida Gators had seen this type of futility in the NFL draft. But on Sunday, a few Florida players got the school back in the right direction. Defensive tackle Jaye Howard was selected 114th overall in the fourth round to the Seattle Seahawks, and running back Chris Rainey followed him in the fifth round, 159th overall, to the Pittsburgh Steelers.
Florida State also had to wait a while to see players from its school selected in the NFL draft. Outside linebacker Nigel Bradham (105) and offensive tackle Zebrie Sanders (144) were picked in the fourth and fifth rounds by the Buffalo Bills, respectively. Cornerback Mike Harris was selected in the sixth round by the Jacksonville Jaguars (176). Offensive tackle Andrew Datko was picked by the Green Bay Packers in the seventh round (241).
- Gators Round Out Day 3 of Draft
- Calathes Drafted in 2nd-Round
- NFL Draft Round 1 Roundup
- Former Trinity Catholic Standout Antonio Allen Drafted in 7th Round
- NFL Draft Recap: Round 2
- Gators 5th in first Coach's Poll
- Gators Clinch 5th SEC Series with 9-2 Victory Over Alabama
- Drive for Five! Gator Softball 5th Seed in NCAA Tournament
- GATORS MOVE UP TO 4TH IN BOTH POLLS
- Gator Football Wins 4th Straight Over Tennessee