Death toll stands at 51 in Moore, OK. Medical examiner told to expect at least 40 more bodies...20 of them children.
Gator Lacrosse Claws Wildcats 14-7, Earn 1st ALC Tournament Title
The teams remained the same, but this time around, Florida turned the story around on Northwestern. After playing for the ALC Tournament championship a year ago and falling short against the Wildcats, the Gators used a home-field advantage and a solid 60-minute effort to knock Northwestern off its pedestal as reigning five-time tournament champions. Third-ranked Florida used an 18-5 draw control edge and a phenomenal performance from freshman midfielder Shannon Gilroy to pounce on the No. 1 Wildcats 14-7, claiming the Gators first ALC Tournament crown. Florida knew it would face a revenge-minded Northwestern team after beating them on their home turf two weeks ago. But the Gators looked like the more poised, veteran team in Dizney stadium Saturday afternoon with suffocating defense and a hot stick from Gilroy. The freshman scored seven goals on nine shot attempts, matching the entire Northwestern team output, and defensively shut down Wildcats leading goal-scorer Shannon Smith with zero goals on three attempts. Florida earned an automatic bid to the NCAA Women's Lacrosse tournament with the win and has a good shot at earning the top seed in the tournament after No. 2 Syracuse fell 13-7 in their conference championship, respectively.
- Gator Lacrosse Earns Second Straight ALC Title with 8-7 Win Over Northwestern
- Gator Lacrosse Takes Semifinals of ALC Tournament
- Gator Lacrosse Gets 1st NCAA Tournament Victory, 13-11 Winners Over Stanford
- Gator Volleyball Earns 14th National Seed, Host Three in 1st Rd of NCAA Tournament
- Gator Lacrosse Earns First NCAA Tournament Berth in Program History
- Gator Roundup: Men's Track and Field Earns Third-Straight NCAA Indoor Title, Baseball, Softball, Lacrosse All Get Saturday Wins
- Gators Blank Commodores, Win SEC Tourney Title, Earn No. 2 Overall Seed In NCAA Baseball Tournament
- Gator Women's Tennis Earns 18th SEC Tournament Title
- UF Lacrosse Team Advances to ALC Tournament Final
- Former Gator Joakim Noah Earns 1st All-Star Bid