GHS Dominant Over North Marion in Spring Football Game, Vanguard Defense Stout but Falls Short
Gainesville High School had trouble starting their offense against North Marion in each school's spring football game. But after the first offensive possession, the Purple Hurricanes took charge the rest of the night. Mark Cato connected on an 8-yard fade route to Chris Thompson for the first score of the game and the GHS defense had Reggie Wilkerson running around all night in a 35-7 Gainesville victory at Citizens Field. Cato went 8-for-11 with 102 yards and three touchdowns.
Vanguard High hosted Fletcher out of Jacksonville at Booster Stadium, but the visiting team held the Knight offense in check the majority of the way, beating Vanguard 24-12. The Knights had a couple bright spots on defense. With Fletcher driving deep in Vanguard territory, Anthony Barriner forced a fumble and Sanchez Lofton returned it for a 92-yard score, and Marcus Davis caused another turnover on a big hit and recovered a fumble that eventually led to a Knight field goal.
- Buchholz Falls in Spring Football Game, Plus Other Area Scores
- Chiefland Wins, Newberry Falls in Spring Football Game, Other HS Scores
- Chiefland Beats Bronson In Spring Football Game, Plus Other Area Scores
- Santa Fe Upends Forest in Spring Football Game, Williston Winners Too
- Three Ocala Teams Fall as Columbia County Beats Vanguard 22-21, North Marion on the Road, and Lake Weir at Home
- North Marion, Dixie Co. Football Win, Buchholz Falls On Thursday Triple-Header
- Spring Football Roundup: North Marion
- GHS, Bradford Softball Advance To Final Four, PK Yonge Falls Short
- Hawthorne Falls in Championship Game, Buchholz Claims Third
- Trevante Taylor Arrested at Lake Weir Football Game, Facing Trouble On 3 Fronts