Greg Larson Final Gator Selected in MLB Draft, Other Notable Mentions
In the 20th round of the 2012 MLB Draft, the final Florida Gator came off the board as right-handed pitcher and senior Greg Larson was selected by Boston. He will join teammates Brian Johnson and Austin Maddox who were also selected by the Red Sox organization.
Shortstop Melvin Mercedes from the College of Central Florida was selected in the 16th round by the Oakland Athletics.
A pair of North Central Florida alumni were selected in the 16th and 24th rounds, respectively, as right-handed pitcher Brian Ellington (Oak Hall) went to the Miami Marlins and second baseman Eric Grabe (Vanguard) was taken by the Chicago White Sox.
Gator football commit Ralph Andrades was selected in the 36th round by the Kansas City Royals.
Gator baseball commit Richie Martin was taken in the 38th round by the Seattle Mariners.
- Four Gators Selected Over Final Two Days of MLB Draft
- Florida's Crawford, Gators Commit Danish Selected in 1st 2 Rounds of MLB Draft
- Future, Current Gators Drafted on Day Two of MLB Draft
- Four More Gators Drafted in MLB Draft
- Many Gators Taken on Day 2 of MLB Draft
- NINE GATORS SELECTED IN NFL DRAFT
- Williston's White Will Play for Rockies, Other MLB Draftees Must Make Tough Choices
- Murphy Selected By Bulls In 2nd Round of NBA Draft
- Sharrif Floyd Selected with the 23rd Pick of NFL Draft
- Bradley Beal Selected Third Overall In NBA Draft