Omaha Bound! Gators Survive Extra Inning Thriller, Beat NC State 9-8
Game two of the Gainesville Super Regional took a backseat to mother nature for the second straight day. But fans that stuck around for the full finish at McKethan Stadium were in for quite a treat. In a game that had six overall lead changes and eight runs in the final three innings, Florida outlasted a feisty North Carolina State team in extra innings to punch their third consecutive ticket to the College World Series, beating the Wolfpack 9-8 in 10 innings.
Florida State advanced to its 21st College World Series and beat Stanford by double digits for the second straight day, 18-7 over the Cardinal.
LSU was shocked in Baton Rouge, as fourth-seed Stony Brook upset the Tigers 7-2 to make the school's first trip to Omaha.
Arkansas staved off elimination against Baylor after scoring two runs in the bottom of the ninth to beat the Bears 5-4 and force a deciding game three on Monday.
- Omaha Bound! Gators Win 8-6 Over Bulldogs, Going Back to CWS
- Gator Bowl Bound! Florida vs Ohio State in "Urban Meyer" Bowl, DT Easley Out After ACL Surgery
- Gators Big Apple Bound!
- Gators Sweep UConn, Third Straight Extra Inning Win
- Gator Baseball Can't Hold On in Extra Innings
- Gator Baseball Needs Extra Innings to Win 13th Straight Game
- Triple OT Thriller: Gators Survive Against Kentucky
- McQuay, Claye London Bound! Demps Falls Short at USA Olympic Trials
- GATORS SURVIVE FIRST HALF SCARE, BEAT HURRICANES
- Baseball Wins in Extra Innings, Sweeps Missouri