Gator Hoops Land Big Commit, No. 1 Ranking for Class of 2013
GAINESVILLE - The Gator men's basketball team got some good news for the future, as the 7th-best prospect in the Class of 2013 pledged his allegiance to Billy Donovan and company.
Chris Walker, a 6-foot-10 power foward from Bonivay, FL gave his verbal commitment, shunning other offers from programs like Kansas and Louisville.
Walker announced his decision on YouTube after a highlight reel, and said he was drawn to Gainesville by the opportunity to play with his AAU teammate and Gator 2013 point guard commit Kasey Hill.
The latest verbal commitment for the Gators puts them atop the nation with the No. 1 recruiting class for 2013.
The list only includes Hill and Walker, but the two players are ranked as the 6th and 7th best overall prospects in the class, according to ESPN.
- Gator Football Lands 11th Verbal Commit to Class of 2013
- Gator Football Adds Six Verbal Commits to Class of 2013
- Sherit Commits to Gators, 20th for Class of 2013
- Future Gators Excited for 2013 Class; Muschamp Gets 2nd Commit for 2014
- Gator Commits Reach 25 for Class of 2013
- Friday Night Lights Back in Gainesville, Gators Add 19th Commit to 2013
- Gator Hoops Clinching Title, Losing Rankings
- Gator Hoops to Kick-Off Season Down Two More Players; Ranked 10th in AP Poll
- Gator Hoops Paying No Mind to Rankings
- Outlaw Decommits from Gator Class of 2013