Gator Olympian Spotlight: Marcin Cieslak
GAINESVILLE - Gator swimmer Marcin Cieslak always watched the Olympics growing up as a kid.
From Sydney, to Athens, and as recently as Beijing four years ago, Marcin was always eager to see the action, and now he'll be a part of it.
The incoming junior will represent his home country of Poland in the 200-meter individual medley and the 200-meter butterfly in the London Summer Games.
Gator head coach Gregg Troy said Cieslak is one of the more talented younger international swimmers at only 20 years of age.
Cieslak worked harder this past season than he's ever worked in the pool, getting mentally and physically tough for the opportunity of a lifetime.
The results of his labor will be on display as the Olympics begin July 27th.
- Gator Olympian Spotlight: Genevieve LaCaze
- Gator Swimmer Profile: Marcin Cieslak
- Gator Olympian Spotlight; Gemma Spofforth
- Community Spotlight: 10/06/2010
- Community Spotlight: 10/13/2010
- Community Spotlight: 12/29/2010
- Medical Spotlight: Back to School Health Tips for Parents
- Medical Spotlight: Childhood Cancer
- Medical Spotlight: Breastfeeding and Breast Cancer
- Medical Spotlight: Atrial Fibrillation