8 people are dead in a murder/suicide in a home in Bell. 6 of the victims are children. Details at 11.
Johnson, Wilkerson Make Firsts for Gator Baseball Program
Gator junior left-handed pitcher and soon-to-be member of the Boston Red Sox Brian Johnson was named the John Olerud Two-Way Player of the Year award. It is the first time a Florida player has achieved the accomplishment. Johnson finished with an 8-5 record on the mound, adding a .307 batting average with six home runs and 41 RBI. Former Gator Brad Wilkerson also added an Orange and Blue first, becoming the first Florida player to be inducted into the National College of Baseball Hall of Fame.
- Johnson, Fontana Leave Florida Early For Pro Baseball
- Gator Baseball Shuts Down UM 5-3, Program's First-Ever Series Sweep of Canes in Gainesville
- Gator Brian Johnson Appears On Mound For First Game Against Gamecocks
- Santa Fe Baseball Makes Program History with 8-1 Victory Over Falcons
- Johnson Perfect Through Five, Gator Baseball Beats Boston College
- Gator Gymnastics Wins NCAA National Title, First in Program History
- Gator Lacrosse Earns First NCAA Tournament Berth in Program History
- Gators Make SEC Baseball Honor Roll
- Crawford Makes Gator Baseball, NCAA History With No-Hit Win
- Gator Baseball Falls In First Game of NCAA Regional; Moves On To Valparaiso