Lochte Anchors, Can't Hang On For Gold in 4x100m Free Relay; Other Olympic Results
LONDON, England - Ryan Lochte got his first taste of second in this year's 2012 London Olympics. Lochte ran anchor for the american men's 4-by-100m freestyle relay.
Team USA had led the entire race, but after Lochte made his final turn at the final 50-meter mark he started to fade, as France's Agnel Yannick sped past him to take gold.
Lochte finished in second for the silver medal, while Russia bested the Australians for bronze.
In other swimming notes, former Florida-turned-Cal swimmer Dana Vollmer set a new world record in the women's 100-meter butterfly final, beating the field by a near full-second.
Team USA basketball also picked up its first victory of the Olympic Games with a 98-71 win over France.
- Lochte Beats Phelps, Gets Gold; Other Olympic Results Day 1
- Lochte, Phelps Prepare for Final Meeting; Other Olympic Results and Notes
- Demps Runs Nation's Fastest 100m at Texas Relays
- Gators Can't Squeeze Orangemen
- Gators Can't Cage Tigers
- Gator Baseball Can't Handle Golden Flashes
- Hawthorne Can't Tame Tigers, Lose To Chipley In 1A State Basketball Championship
- Gators Can't Stop Perfection, Fall to No. 1 Kentucky 74-59
- Gator Baseball Hit, Can't Score in 5-1 Loss to Arkansas
- St. Francis Can't Overcome Turnovers, Fall to John Paul II 9-7