Zunino Wins Golden Spikes Award
Florida Gator catcher Mike Zunino had much to celebrate beyond being drafted third overall to the Seattle Mariners. Zunino is the first Gator to receive the Golden Spikes Award, as he is named the nation's top amateur baseball player. Zunino can add the award to the rest of his already-impressive trophy collection that includes the Dick Howser Trophy and the Johnny Bench Award. Zunino and former Florida State catcher Buster Posey are the only players to collect all three awards in a single season.
- Zunino Earns SEC Player of the Year, Gators Earn Numerous Awards
- Zunino Lifts Gator Baseball to 2-1 Win Over Mississippi State
- Zunino's Two HRs Lead Gator Charge to 11th Straight Victory, 4-2 Win over FGCU
- Local restaurants awarded "Golden Spoon"
- TV20 Sports Director Chris Price Wins Regional Murrow Award
- Tebow Wins "Good Guy" Award
- Gator Baseball Can't Handle Golden Flashes
- Golden Knights Top Gators on Diamond
- Florida Men's Basketball Downs Golden Flashes
- Zunino Makes History As Highest Gator Ever Drafted