Buck LB Powell In Final Stages of Injury Rehab
GAINESVILLE, Fla. - Ronald Powell had lofty expectations put on his shoulders the moment he stepped on campus at UF.
The 2010 top overall high school football prospect started out slow in his freshman year, earning only one start and a lone sack during the campaign.
But under head coach Will Muschamp's new defensive system, Powell manned the hybrid "Buck" linebacker position and tallied his best season with six sacks and 32 total tackles in 12 starts.
Powell was expected to have a breakout junior season till he injured his ACL this past April.
The injury was only a setback, as Powell continued to do everything necessary to get back on the football field at some point in 2012.
Muschamp recently announced Powell is starting the final stages of the rehabilitation process that includes cutting and changing direction.
The work that Powell has put in has been a motivation to his teammates.
- Gators "Buck" Powell Out 4-6 Months
- Gators BUCK LB Ronald Powell Declaring for the NFL Draft
- Levy County Tarmac In Its Final Stages of Approval
- Final Act for Center Stage; Store Will Close Its Doors
- Schedule Debate Takes Center Stage Among College Coaches At SEC Spring Meetings
- Waiting Game: Gators' Powell In Recovery Mode After Surgery
- UF's Powell Continues Healing Process
- Ronald Powell Taking His Comeback Smart and Easy
- POWELL JOINS MARSHALL BASKETBALL
- POWELL LEAVES FLORIDA BASKETBALL