CB Reid Dismissed from FSU
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. - Florida State cornerback Greg Reid got into trouble one too many times and, as a result, was kicked off the Seminoles football team.
According to WCTV in Tallahassee, Reid said he received the news on Tuesday afternoon and was told his "bad reputation" had a lot to do with the final decision.
The three-year defensive starter was arrested in mid-July for driving with a suspended license and misdemeanor marijuana possession.
He was charged months prior to that for resisting arrest and perjury, but the charges were later dropped.
He had also failed a drug test in his FSU career.
Reid said he was a little heartbroken after the decision, and apologized to FSU and its fans for his past mistakes.
- FSU CB Greg Reid Arrested
- Gator D-End McCalister Dismissed from Team
- Janoris Jenkins Dismissed from Gator Football Team
- Gators Flip WR Commit From FSU
- FSU Coach Bans Players from Twitter
- Nick Waisome De-Commits from UF, Picks FSU Instead
- Jeffrey Meldon TV20 Scholar Athlete Reid Carlton
- State Attorney Dismisses Charges Against Gators LB Morrison
- Walton Discusses Future of Gators Softball, Dismissal of 3 Players Last Year
- Georgia Dismisses RB Crowell After Arrest