Darion Medley Jumps to National Dominance
GAINESVILLE, Fla. - Darion Medley did something no one else his age had ever done.
At six years old, Medley competed in the Pee-Wee Division at the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex and broke the long jump record with his final jump (10' 3.25").
The youngster got into track and field after following in his brothers and sisters footsteps.
He had always been fast, but when Speed City Athletics head coach Gary Evans put him on the long jump event, Medley's speed translated over with tremendous results.
- Man Jumps to Attempted Suicide at Niagara Falls
- Man Not Armed When He Jumps From Crane
- Gators Jump on Manhattan 17-3, Advance to Face Miami
- #3 Gators Dominate #10 Nebraska in Season's First Gymnastics Meet
- Oak Hall Dominates on Gridiron to Start High School Season
- Gainesville High Remains Undefeated with Domination of Citrus 56-7
- Santa Fe Boys and Girls Soccer Dominate Interlachen
- Gators Men's Tennis Dominate FSU 6-1
- PK Yonge Softball Dominates State Playoff Opener
- GHS Dominant Over North Marion in Spring Football Game, Vanguard Defense Stout but Falls Short