Gator Soccer Upsets No. 2 Duke in Overtime
CHAPEL HILL, N.C. - An exhausted Florida Gator soccer team that battled North Carolina to a 0-0 double overtime draw pushed another top team to their limits on Sunday.
The Gators overcame a two goal deficit against No. 2 Duke, and eventually stunned the Blue Devils in a 3-2 overtime victory.
The golden goal came in the 93rd minute off the foot of senior Erika Tymrak, scoring her first goal of the season.
It's the first time UF has beaten a second-ranked team in the country since the 1998 NCAA College Cup semifinals.
- Gators Hoops Upset at Home, Dolphins Win in Overtime 71-68
- Florida Soccer Loses To Ole Miss In Double Overtime
- No. 22 Florida Earns First Home Soccer Win, 3-0 Over FIU
- No. 10 Florida Routs Auburn for 10th SEC Soccer Tournament Title
- No. 6 Gator Lacrosse Downs No. 2 Northwestern 13-11
- No. 4 Gator Lacrosse Edged Out by No. 9 Syracuse in Double OT Thriller
- No. 1 Gator Baseball Beats No. 4 FSU 4-1 in Jacksonville
- Gator Baseball Wins Series Over Duke
- Gator Defense Ready to Face Miami's Spark Duke Johnson
- Gators Upset #2 on Hardwood