Gator Volleyball Open Season With Bang, Gator Soccer Battle UNC to Tie
GAINESVILLE, Fla. - The young guns for Florida volleyball got their first taste of the regular season.
In front of the largest home opener in Gator history (4,705) No. 18 Florida defeated FIU in straight sets (25-21, 25-14, 25-12) to open the season 1-0 for the ninth-straight season.
Gainesville native Chloe Mann led the Gators with 15 kills.
Junior setter Taylor Brauneis led the Gators with 38 assists.
Florida faces Florida A&M on Saturday at noon, then do battle against former Buchholz standout Gigi Meyer and Florida Gulf Coast at 7:30 p.m.
In NCAA soccer, the Florida Gators battled North Carolina to a 0-0 tie, the first-ever in the team's 10 previous meetings.
- Gator Softball Opens Home Season, Shuts Out UNC Over Weekend
- Gators Volleyball Opens Season Friday
- Burleigh Reaches 400 Wins, Gator Soccer Cruises to NCAA Tourney Victory; Gator Volleyball Back on Track with Three-Set Sweep Over Missouri
- Gator Soccer Advances Over UCF to Sweet 16, Gator Volleyball Beats LSU in Four Sets
- Foster Chooses UNC Asheville as Soccer Destination
- GATOR VOLLEYBALL AND SOCCER CONTINUE WINNING WEEKEND
- Volleyball, Soccer Teams Avenge Gator Football with Wins Over SEC West Rivals
- Gator Volleyball, Soccer Get Big Wins on Sunday
- Gator Volleyball Makes Quick Work of Arkansas in Straights, Soccer Team Beats LSU on Road 2-0
- Gator Soccer Doubles Season Goal Total Vs Nebraska