GHS Football Beats Yulee In Battle of State-Ranked Teams
GAINESVILLE- What a way to start the high school football season.
Both GHS (ranked #3 in Class 6A) and Yulee (ranked in the top 10 in Class 4A) put on impressive displays of offensive firepower, but ultimately it was the Purple Hurricanes who took the win, 51-28 at Citizens Field Thursday night.
The Purple Hurricanes were led by Florida commit Chris Thompson, who scored the first three touchdowns for GHS (including one on defense), helping to offset a big rushing night by Hornets running back Derrick Henry, who ran for more than 300 yards on the night.
Also Thursday, Oak Hall began its season with a 22-6 win over Florida School for the Deaf.
- GHS Wins Battle of Hurricanes, 38-0 Over Lake Weir, Eastside Also Falls to Dunnellon 28-16
- GHS Baseball Beats Lake Weir
- South Lake Beats GHS Baseball On Senior Night
- Gainesville High Hoops Beats Vanguard In District Battle
- Gainesville Boys Hoops Beat Lake Weir in Battle of Hurricanes
- GATOR FOOTBALL RANKED FIFTH BY AP
- Latest College Football Rankings
- Petrino Back Among College Football Coaching Ranks
- Gator Football in Final Rankings
- The Team That Won It All: Remembering the 1980 GHS Champions