GHS Football Beats Yulee In Battle of State-Ranked Teams
GAINESVILLE- What a way to start the high school football season.
Both GHS (ranked #3 in Class 6A) and Yulee (ranked in the top 10 in Class 4A) put on impressive displays of offensive firepower, but ultimately it was the Purple Hurricanes who took the win, 51-28 at Citizens Field Thursday night.
The Purple Hurricanes were led by Florida commit Chris Thompson, who scored the first three touchdowns for GHS (including one on defense), helping to offset a big rushing night by Hornets running back Derrick Henry, who ran for more than 300 yards on the night.
Also Thursday, Oak Hall began its season with a 22-6 win over Florida School for the Deaf.
- Four Key Members of GHS Football Team will Play College Ball
- GHS Wins Battle of Hurricanes, 38-0 Over Lake Weir, Eastside Also Falls to Dunnellon 28-16
- Six North Central Florida Football Players Make 3A, 4A All-State Teams
- South Lake Beats GHS Baseball On Senior Night
- GHS Baseball Beats Lake Weir
- GHS, Union County Win at Bradford; Eastside beat Keystone in a Soccer Showdown
- Gainesville Boys Hoops Beat Lake Weir in Battle of Hurricanes
- Gainesville High Hoops Beats Vanguard In District Battle
- The Team That Won It All: Remembering the 1980 GHS Champions
- GHS and Hawthorne Pick Up Wins in Team Mighty Ike Tournament