Lochte, Phelps Prepare for Final Meeting; Other Olympic Results and Notes
LONDON - Ryan Lochte and Michael Phelps will once again have the focus of the world watching the two world-class swimmers in the pool.
The men's 200m Individual Medley final marks the final time the duo will race in the 2012 London Olympics.
Former Gator Lochte bested Phelps in the semifinal heat, finishing with the best overall time of the eight swimmers left.
Ex-Florida swimmer Dana Vollmer collected another gold medal in the women's 4x200m freestyle relay, with the Americans setting a new olympic record in the finals.
Former Gators Jemma Lowe and Clark Burckle each finished in sixth place in the the women's 200m butterfly final and the mens' 200m breaststroke final, respectively.
Florida tennis great Lisa Raymond and teammate Mike Bryan advanced to the Olympic Tennis mixed doubles quarterfinals with a 7-5, 6-3 win over Italy.
And four badminton teams (China, South Korea x2, and Indonesia) were disqualified from Olympic play after trying to lose on purpose to gain favorable future matchups.
- Lochte Beats Phelps, Gets Gold; Other Olympic Results Day 1
- Lochte, Phelps Among Stars in Omaha for US Olympic Swim Trials
- Lochte Anchors, Can't Hang On For Gold in 4x100m Free Relay; Other Olympic Results
- Muschamp Reflects on Possible CFB Playoffs, Other Notes From Day 1 of SEC Meetings
- Lochte vs. Phelps Round 1 On Saturday
- More Olympic Notes
- Former Gators Lochte and Spofforth Fall Short on Day Four of Olympics
- Lochte Takes Silver, Bronze to Close Out His 2012 Olympics
- Jeff Driskel Back at Practice and Other Gator Injury Notes
- Kytra Hunter NCAA Vault Champion, Other Gator Results