Speed City Athletics Cleans Up at Junior Olympics
HOUSTON - Head coach Gary Evans called it a business trip first, and a fun trip second.
His Speed City Athletics team had plenty of fun once they cleaned up at the Junior Olympics in Houston, Texas.
The team earned 23 medals, five national championships, and one national record during the week-long event.
The group was led by Tamari Davis, placing 1st in the 100m and 200m dash (Sub-Bantam Division) and setting a new national record in her division with her 200m time.
William McKnight also claimed the 100m and 200m titles (Midget Division) and Ke'Ondria Waters picked up first place in the long jump (Sub-Youth Division).
The full list of results is below
Sub-Bantam Division (girls)
1. Tamari Davis - 13.78 seconds
1. Tamari Davis - 27.75 seconds (National Record)
Bantam Division (girls)
1500m race walk
3. Isabella Pawloski - 9:19.42 seconds
Midget Division (girls)
2. Jalasia Tillman - 12.70 seconds
8. Jalasia Tillman - 27.27 seconds
2. Jalasia Tillman, Ceondra Dailey, Jayda Teasley, and Faith Nelms - 51.01 seconds
Midget Division (boys)
1. Willie McKnight III - 11.94 seconds
1. Willie McKnight III - 24.09 seconds
5. Willie McKnight III - 56.31 seconds
Sub-Youth Division (girls)
1. Ke'Ondria Waters - 17'11"
7. Nadiria Evans - 4:57.18 seconds
7. Shaleyia Lee - 2:21.88 seconds
Youth Girls Division
7. Nadiria Evans, Shaleyia Lee, Diasia Medley, and Briana Washington - 10:08.43 seconds
Intermediate Division (girls)
3. Shadayzha Bullock - 41'1"
Intermediate Division (boys)
4. Kenric Young - 48.66 seconds
Young Women Division
5. Abby Hani - 18'7.25"
- Speed City Athletics Heading to Junior Olympics
- Former Gator Athlete Wins Olympic Gold In Four-Man Bobsled Competition
- Local Special Olympic Athletes Win Five Medals in Equestrian Competition
- Ocala Athlete Heading To Winter Olympics
- Three Juniors Leave Florida For NFL
- Hitting the Lake: Junior Bassmasters Classic
- NFL Star Junior Seau Found Dead
- Florida Junior CB Marcus Roberson to Declare for NFL Draft
- Gainesville Junior Golf Tour Wraps Up
- Third Annual Junior Bassmasters Challenge