FSU DE Jenkins to Miss 2012 with Foot Injury
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. - Florida State had one of the deepest defensive lines in the country.
On Monday, it just got thinner.
The Seminoles announced senior defensive end and preseason All-America Brandon Jenkins will miss the entire 2012 season with a foot injury.
Jenkins injured his left foot after a teammate stepped on it in the 69-3 victory over Murray State.
It was not believed to be serious, but an MRI revealed it is a lisfranc injury.
Jenkins opted to forgo the 2012 NFL Draft to return for his senior season as a Seminole.
He was believed to be an NFL first-round talent.
The FSU standout had 13.5 sacks in 2011 and was two and a half sacks short of third-place all-time in school history.
- Cornelius Ingram Misses Practice with Knee Injury
- Gators LB Jenkins To Declare for NFL Draft
- No Jenkins, No Problem: UF Linebackers Ready to Fill Jelani's Absence
- Jeffrey Meldon TV20 Scholar Athlete Andrew Jenkins
- Janoris Jenkins Gets Acclimated at UNA
- Gator Player Janoris Jenkins Wants to Continue No. 1 Tradition
- Gators Jenkins Caught With Pot
- Janoris Jenkins Arrested Again for Marijuana Possession
- Jenkins Not Alone In Marijuana Citations
- Janoris Jenkins Dismissed from Gator Football Team