High School Football Notes
GAINESVILLE- After earning a double-overtime win over Trinity Catholic in week 1 of the 2012 high school football season, North Marion's had to forfeit the victory.
Colts head coach Craig Damon used an academically ineligible player in the game, and while Damon subsequently sat the player, the first game is credited as a forfeit for the Colts. The player will be ineligible for the rest of the season.
Elsewhere in Marion County, the Dunnellon Tigers were preparing on Wednesday for a Thursday showdown against district opponent Eastside.
The game at Cititzen's Field will be the first district contest for either team.
- High School Roundup: High School Football 10-18-13
- High School Roundup: High School Football 10/4/13
- High School Roundup: High School Football 10-25-13
- Florida Football Notes
- Enders Hopes to End Gatornationals On a High Note
- High School Football Scores from 10/9/09
- Area High School Football Teams Staying Active This Summer
- High School Football: North Marion 35-Eastside 0
- Last Chance to Get Noticed For Area High School Football Players
- High School Spring Football Begins