Alvarez-Teran Takes Pro Tennnis Title in Jonesville
JONESVILLE- Maria-Fernada Alvarez-Teran came to North Central Florida never having won a pro tennis tournament on American soil. Now the Bolivian has two titles to her name.
Alvarez-Terran defeated Maria-Fernanda Alvez 2-6, 6-0, 7-5 to win the Gainesville Women's $10,000 Tennis Classic singles championship on Sunday, while pairing with Angelina Gabueva to take the doubles title.
- Pro Tennis Tournament Taking Place in Gainesville
- Florida Baseball Beats Kentucky, Takes Control of SEC Title Race
- Gainesville High Takes Third City Title with 38-7 Win Over Buchholz
- PK Boys, Oak Hall Girls Take Track and Field District Titles
- Oak Hall and Gainesville take Alachua County Track & Field Titles
- Carlos Alvarez Elected To NCAA College Football Hall of Fame
- Ocala Welcomes Hooters Pro Golf Tour
- Pouncey Showcases Talent At UF Pro Day
- Kid KJ a Pioneer for Pro Mini Monster Truck Driving
- Fans Vote Tebow Into Pro Bowl... Will Coaches and Players Follow?