Blair Guerry's Remarkable Resiliency
GAINESVILLE- Cornerstone Academy outside hitter Blair Guerry never wanted to be know as "the sick girl," and to avoid that stigma, she battled through a seemingly endless number of ailments, with a smile on her face and faith in her heart.
Guerry missed more than a month of school last year as she faced the symptoms of both Gastro Paresis and Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome.
But that was just the beginning.
Guerry also missed time with a concussion, a leg injury, and finally, a broken foot before returning to the court last week.
Her coach, Stephanie Wyatt, was impressed.
"She was an encourager, she would do anything I asked her to do, she would help me with the stats, she would help with the Jayvee team, she was just a great servant-leader," Wyatt said.
- Meyer News Conference Remarks: Part 1
- Meyer News Conference Remarks: Part 2
- Sheriff Blair Budget Request
- Campaign Threats
- Blair Wins Nomination for Republican Marion County Sheriff Candidate
- Absentee Voting in Marion County
- DeCastro Hopes 8,000 Absentee Ballots Get Tossed Out
- Gator Men's and Women's Hoops Win on Sunday
- Check Out Tebow's New 'Do!
- Gators Men's and Women's Tennis Teams Win SEC Tournament Titles