The Rivalry Heats Up with a Championship On the Line
GAINESVILLE- It goes without saying that the Florida/Georgia rivalry is a special one in the hearts of fans, players and coaches alike.
This year however, the Biggest Cocktail Party in the World will become a little more intense, with a berth at the SEC Championship Game on the line for the winner.
Georgia currently sits with one loss to South Carolina and will be looking to upset the Gators, who sit atop the SEC East rankings.
A key to winning for the Dawgs will be containg Florida QB Jeff Driskel who, UGA Head Coach Mark Richt points out, is versatile with both running and passing.
The Dawgs and Gators will kick off at 3:30 on Saturday in Jacksonville. The game will be broadcast by CBS.
- GHS Baseball Falls to Buchholz in City Rivalry
- SEC Football Scheduling Decisions Keep Rivalries Intact
- Sibling Rivalry, Teammate Bond: Gainesville Softball's Donovan Sisters
- Georgia's Lynch and LSU's Mettenberger Bring Their Friendship to SEC Rivalry
- Gainesville Basketball Wins Cross Town Rivalry Game Versus Buchholz
- Battle of the Trenches: UF Offensive Line vs. LSU Defensive Line
- Boonstra Outlasts Heat, Opponent For Victory
- Heat Victory Parade
- Heat Beat Pacers In Eastern Conference Finals Game 7
- Heat Even Up NBA Finals at One Game a Piece