Burleigh Reaches 400 Wins, Gator Soccer Cruises to NCAA Tourney Victory; Gator Volleyball Back on Track with Three-Set Sweep Over Missouri
GAINESVILLE, Fla. - Florida met Florida Gulf Coast for the second-straight year in the NCAA Tournament, and the result was more of the same for the Gators.
Erika Tymrak scored the golden goal en route to a Florida 2-0 win over FGCU, ousting the Eagles from postseason play in consecutive seasons.
Tymrak's goal extended her season goals lead to nine, while Annie Speese added a Gator goal in the 77th minute for the final margin.
The win marked the 400th career victory for soccer head coach Becky Burleigh.
Out in Columbia, Missouri the 16th ranked Florida volleyball team got back on track in the SEC, beating Missouri in straight sets (25-17, 25-16, 25-19).
The sweep marked the Gators 14th of the season.
Florida was led by freshman Ziva Recek with 17 kills and Taylor Brauneis added 40 assists.
- Gator Volleyball Advances to Elite Eight with Three-Set Sweep Over Michigan, Other Volleyball Scores
- Gator Softball Cruises in NCAA Tourney Opener
- Gator Soccer Learns NCAA Tourney Fate
- Gator Volleyball Cruises in 1st Round of NCAA Tournament
- Gator Volleyball Stays Undefeated in SEC Sweeping Missouri
- Gator Volleyball Sweeps Missouri, Avenges Loss
- Gator Baseball Back On Track With 2-1 Victory Over Gamecocks
- Gators Soccer Gets Back On Track, Beats Tennessee 4-2
- Gator Volleyball Escapes 5-Set Thriller With Victory Over Seminoles
- Gator Soccer Advances Over UCF to Sweet 16, Gator Volleyball Beats LSU in Four Sets