Gators Complete Improbable Regular Season with 37-26 Win Over FSU
GAINESVILLE - A year ago Will Muschamp wanted a tougher team.
On Saturday afternoon in Tallahassee, he got one.
A season after publicly calling his team soft after a 21-7 home loss to rival FSU, the fourth-ranked Gators returned the favor with a 37-26 win over No. 10 Florida State.
Florida capitalized on five FSU turnovers, including four from senior Seminole quarterback EJ Manuel.
The game turned on multiple occasions from huge momentum swings both ways.
Florida jumped out to a 13-0 lead late into the second quarter before Florida State went on their own 20-point run to end the third.
The Gators then responded with 24-unanswered fourth quarter points before a garbage Seminole touchdown capped the scoring in a wild game between two of the state's best.
Gator senior running back Mike Gillislee led the charge with 140 yards rushing and two touchdowns.
Gillislee became the first Florida running back to eclipse the 1,000 yard mark in a single season since Ciatrick Fason did it in 2004.
Senior kicker Caleb Sturgis also got into the record books, breaking Jeff Chandler's school record for all-time field goal makes in a career (67), now at a total of 69 and counting.
Florida finished the regular season 11-1 but will miss out on a berth in the BCS National Championship game.
Notre Dame completed an undefeated season with a 22-13 win over USC and will face the winner of the SEC Championship game between Alabama and Georgia for a national title.
- Gators Blank Missouri in Second Half, Win 14-7 to Close Out Conference Regular Season
- Gator Hoops Tips Off Regular Season; Soccer Wins Versus Ole Miss
- Oak Hall Seniors End Regular Season with 12-6 Victory over Hawthorne
- Gator Basketball Team Earns Best Win of the Season Over Arizona
- Gator Women's Basketball Starts Season Strong, 71-49 Win Over Fairfield
- Recek Continues Stellar Season For Gators In Win Over Auburn
- Gator Baseball Claims Second-Straight SEC Regular Season Championship
- Gator Baseball Loses Regular Season Finale To Auburn, Earns #3 Seed at SEC Championships
- Gator Softball Racks Up Regular Season Awards
- Gators Shutout Jacksonville State 23-0, Complete Undefeated Home Season