High Stakes Football: Florida and Florida State Playing For Big Opportunities
GAINESVILLE- For Florida and Florida State, the stakes haven't been this high in a while. Not for both sides, anyway.
During the Steve Spurrier-Bobby Bowden days, the winner of this game produced a participant in the national championship game four times in the 1990's.
And although it's unlikely the winner of Saturday's game (3:30 pm, ABC) will reach the national title game this year, there is still a chance.
Both the Gators (10-1) and Seminoles (10-1) need help from other teams to jump back into the the national championship conversation, but a win for the Gators at least guarantees a BCS bowl birth (most likely the Sugar Bowl), while a win for the Seminoles coupled with an ACC Championship Game victory next week would make a compelling case for Florida State to get to the BCS title game.
- High School Football: North Marion 35-Eastside 0
- Florida Football: What Went Wrong?
- Florida Football: Day 1 Of Spring Practice
- Bell's Austin Ritchey Wins Week 7 High School Football Play of the Week!
- Trenton's Hamp Cheevers Wins High School Football Play of the Week Playoff Edition
- High School Football Play of the Week
- UF Football: Tail-Gators
- Trinity Catholic Football: New District, Same Goal
- Billy Donovan Expecting Big Play From His Big Men in 2013-2014
- Decision Day for Florida Coaches; Hines Hopes for Opportunity