Jeff Driskel Out; Jacoby Brissett Stepping Up
GAINESVILLE- With Gator Football starting quarterback Jeff Driskel still out with an injured ankle, it's time for backup Jacoby Brissett to step up and get his chance.
It was just a few short months ago, that the Gators had a quarterback battle on their hands, with both Driskel and Brissett fighting for the starting position. Driskel won the role and has sense left no doubt that he was the man for the job through his school record breaking season.
Coaches and players have all praised Brissett for his willigness to play the backup role, but even more so, had confidence in him to become the starter the team would need once Driskel went down on Saturday against Lousinana Laffeyette.
Driskel will be out for this Saturday's game versus Jacksonville State, which kicks off in the Swamp at 1pm.
- Jacoby Brissett Rejected from Miami
- Former Gator QB Jacoby Brisset Blast Gators and Driskel
- Florida's Jeff Driskel Faces Injury Post Miami Match-Up
- Jeff Driskel has Successful Surgery
- Jeff Driskel Returns to Practice with the Gators
- Jeff Driskel Back at Practice and Other Gator Injury Notes
- One On One With Jeff Driskel
- Gator QB Jeff Driskel Holds His Own at Manning Passing Academy
- Jeff Driskel Becoming a Leader for the Gators
- Jeff Driskel Signs with Red Sox; Will Continue Playing Football