St. Francis Falls Short of Class 3A Volleyball Championship, Finish Runners-Up
KISSIMMEE, Fla. - The St. Francis volleyball team had done something never before in school history, competing in their first-ever state championship game.
The Wolves fought hard, but eventually fell to defending four-time champs First Academy in the Class 3A State Volleyball Final (25-23, 25-15, 25-16).
The Royals deflated St. Francis early, rallying from a 17-9 first set deficit to take the win and cruise in the final two sets.
The Wolves finished their season with a record of 27-5.
Afterwards, players and coaches responded about the match as well as the legacy of St. Francis volleyball moving forward.
- Gator Soccer Falls in SEC Tournament Championship, Women's Hoops Downs UNF
- Belleview Earns Runner-Up Finish in 5A Softball State Championship
- High School Volleyball: St. Francis at Oak Hall
- Busy Night at St. Francis as Wolves Volleyball Wins, Football Loses
- St. Francis Takes Buchholz in 4 Sets in Girls Volleyball
- High School Volleyball: Cornerstone vs. St. Francis
- Lafayette Repeats as 1A Volleyball Champs! St. Francis Also Advances to First-Ever Final in School History
- St. Francis Volleyball Outlasts PK Yonge In 5 Sets
- Newberry Volleyball Wins In 4 While St. Francis Sweeps
- St. Francis Volleyball Marches to the Tune of Another Win