Area Players Earn Top High School Awards as GHS Prepares for State Championship
GAINESVILLE- It's been a landmark year for high school football around North Central Florida, and more evidence came in Monday as two area players earned state player of the year honors in his classification.
In Class 6A Columbia High standout offensive lineman, and former Jeffrey Meldon TV20 Scholar Athlete of the Week Laremy Tunsil earned player of the year, along with Trenton's Cedric Stokes in Class 1A.
Meanwhile, the Gainesville High Purple Hurricanes are still alive for a state championship, as they prepare to face Miami Central for the Class 6A state title on Saturday.
- Last Chance to Get Noticed For Area High School Football Players
- Top High School Football Area Signees
- Zunino Earns SEC Player of the Year, Gators Earn Numerous Awards
- GHS Loses Top Player, Basketball Game To Buchholz
- Area Teams Advance in High School Volleyball Playoffs
- Area High School Football Teams Staying Active This Summer
- High School Boys Basketball Roundup: Two Area Teams Advance to State Final Four
- Wonder Girls Making Mark on Area High School Programs
- Area Teams Waste No Time On Day 1 of High School Football Practice
- Two Local High Schools Advance to Softball State Championship Games