Big East Schools Mad and Not Taking It Anymore
GAINESVILLE- The Big East conference is becoming a victim of conference realignment woes.
Seven schools in the conference have said they'd like to leave the Big East or at the very least, drop all of the schools with Football Bowl Subdivision teams, and keep the Big East name.
This comes after conference realignment has caused a high turnover rate of schools in the Big East leaving schools without FBS teams to suffer new schedules every year.
The schools looking to leave are St. Johns, Georgetown, Marquette, Depaul, Seton Hall, Providence and Villanova.
- Tebow Inspiring in March Madness
- NCAA Madness Begins: Donovan on Injuries Consideration
- East Marion Elementary School Undergoes Deep Cleaning After Infection Outbreak
- Santa Fe College Hoops Downs East Florida State
- Mariah Carter Signs with East Georgia College
- Santa Fe College Baseball Comes Back Versus East Georgia
- Gator Baseball Team Wins Series vs. Kentucky, Moves Into Tie For 2nd In SEC East
- Forest Loses a Heartbreaker to East Ridge 29-28, Trenton Slips Past Dixie County 34-27
- Gator Softball Wins SEC East But Falls Short Of Conference Title
- East Gadsen, Fort White