Big East Schools Mad and Not Taking It Anymore
GAINESVILLE- The Big East conference is becoming a victim of conference realignment woes.
Seven schools in the conference have said they'd like to leave the Big East or at the very least, drop all of the schools with Football Bowl Subdivision teams, and keep the Big East name.
This comes after conference realignment has caused a high turnover rate of schools in the Big East leaving schools without FBS teams to suffer new schedules every year.
The schools looking to leave are St. Johns, Georgetown, Marquette, Depaul, Seton Hall, Providence and Villanova.
- Gators Clinch Big East Regular Season Title with Win vs. Cincinnati
- Graziano Scores 5 as Gator Lacrosse Beats Vandy in Big East Opener
- Tebow Inspiring in March Madness
- NCAA Madness Begins: Donovan on Injuries Consideration
- Gators Madness Lights Up O'Dome for First Time Since 2006
- East Marion Elementary School Undergoes Deep Cleaning After Infection Outbreak
- Billy Donovan Expecting Big Play From His Big Men in 2013-2014
- Santa Fe College Hoops Downs East Florida State
- Mariah Carter Signs with East Georgia College
- Santa Fe College Baseball Comes Back Versus East Georgia