Big East Schools Mad and Not Taking It Anymore
GAINESVILLE- The Big East conference is becoming a victim of conference realignment woes.
Seven schools in the conference have said they'd like to leave the Big East or at the very least, drop all of the schools with Football Bowl Subdivision teams, and keep the Big East name.
This comes after conference realignment has caused a high turnover rate of schools in the Big East leaving schools without FBS teams to suffer new schedules every year.
The schools looking to leave are St. Johns, Georgetown, Marquette, Depaul, Seton Hall, Providence and Villanova.
- NCAA Madness Begins: Donovan on Injuries Consideration
- Tebow Inspiring in March Madness
- East Gadsen, Fort White
- Gator Softball Wins SEC East But Falls Short Of Conference Title
- Forest Loses a Heartbreaker to East Ridge 29-28, Trenton Slips Past Dixie County 34-27
- Gator Baseball Team Wins Series vs. Kentucky, Moves Into Tie For 2nd In SEC East
- Santa Fe College Baseball Comes Back Versus East Georgia
- Tax Free Weekend Brings Big Crowds for Back to School Shopping
- School's Take Attendance for Money
- School Attendance Takes on New Importance Next Week