Day One of Kiwanis Tournament Sees Union County, Bradford County Victorious
STARKE, Fla. - One team eeked out victory while another rolled, but Union County and Bradford County picked up big wins on the first day of the Kiwanis Tournament.
Union County trailed P.K. Yonge by three with under half a minute to play in the game, but rallied to send the game to overtime and pulled out the 62-56 victory from the foul line.
The host Tornadoes, conversely, had little trouble with Matanzas, led by big Justin McBride.
The UCF commit had 16 points en route to a 64-29 Bradford win.
Gainesville High also picked up a victory in the Bright House Sports Network Holiday Classic over Nature Coast Tech 49-45.
The Purple Hurricanes move to the tournament semifinal to play undefeated Berkeley Prep on Friday.
- Columbia County, St. Francis Victorious in Spring Football Games
- Spring Football Roundup: Union County and Bradford County
- Union County, Most Unhealthy in Florida
- St. Augustine Defeats Vanguard in Kiwanis Christmas Tournament
- Bradford Wins 1st Game of Christmas Tournament, Other Prep Scores
- Gator Lacrosse Gets 1st NCAA Tournament Victory, 13-11 Winners Over Stanford
- Former Bradford County Coach Serving Time in One- Punch Death
- One of Bradford County's "Most Wanted" Arrested in Puerto Rico
- One Dead in Union County Crash
- Union County Correction Officers On Trial Day Two