GHS Falls in Class 6A Title Game 37-14 to Miami Central
ORLANDO, Fla. - The Gainesville High football team's title hopes came to an end in the Citrus Bowl.
The Purple Hurricanes couldn't get past Miami Central, losing 37-14 and ended their season with a record of 14-1.
Gainesville was trying to win the school's second-ever state football championship, the last coming in 1980.
Miami Central was led by stellar junior running backs Joseph Yearby and Dalvin Cook, verbal football commits to FSU and Clemson, respectively.
The two accounted for over half of the Rocket offense and all four of Miami Central's touchdowns.
Senior running back Ralph Webb led the way for Gainesville High, earning 155 yards on the ground and accounted for the only two GHS touchdowns of the game.
- Purple Hurricanes Win, GHS Advancing to Class 6A State Football Title Game
- Trenton Falls In Class 1A Football State Title Game
- Union County Takes Bite Out of Interlachen 37-14
- In Their Words: GHS Players Preview State Football Title Game
- GHS Boys Advance to Class 6A State Semifinals, Eastside Falls In Regional Final
- Trenton Tigers Look for Redemption in Class 1A State Title Game
- Vanguard Loses Class 6A Title Game 3-1
- Chiefland Defeats Bell to Advance to 2nd Straight Class 1A Title Game
- Buchholz Defeats GHS in Day Two of Moramarco Challenge, Santa Fe College Falls to Central Fl
- GHS Dominant Over North Marion in Spring Football Game, Vanguard Defense Stout but Falls Short