Wilbekin Helps Florida Turn Close Game Into Rout Over Georgia
GAINESVILLE- The Florida Gator basketball team didn't flinch at a three-point halftime deficit on the road. Instead, they turned into another double-digit conference victory, as the Gators beat Georgia 64-47 Wednesday night in Athens, Ga.
The Bulldogs came out playing physical and knocking down tough shots, as they built an early 11-2 lead.
But the Gators slowly started climbing back, aided greatly by junior guard Scottie Wilbekin, who had 13 of his game-high 17 points in the first half-when no other Gator had more than 5.
The Bulldogs led 27-24 at the half, but the Gators erased any ideas of a huge upset, as they started off the second half on a 24-5 run, taking control and cruising to their fifth conference win of the season.
- Travel to Florida-Georgia Game Boosts Business Along the Route
- Gator Hoops Recap: Florida Sets Record in Win Over Georgia
- Florida Football Team wants Victory over Georgia
- Georgia Tech Awaits Rematch with Florida After 3-0 Win Over Charleston
- Donovan Stands By Florida's Close-Game Ability as Gators Prepare For Tourney
- Bradford County 5-0 After 46-7 Rout Over Oakleaf, Bell Nipped by Bishop Snyder 21-20, Dixie County Wins 23-20 Over Hamilton
- Cuba To Turn Over Florida Couple And Children
- Gator Baseball Takes First Game Versus Georgia; O'Sullivan Ready to Depend on Magliozzi
- Gator Football Using 2011 Georgia Game as Motivation for A 2012 SEC Run
- Gator Soccer Earns Share of SEC Title With Win Over Georgia