Gators Get Double-Digit Win Over Kentucky, Retain 1st Place in SEC
GAINESVILLE- Two games removed from their only conference loss of the season, the Florida Gator basketball team appears to have regained its form following a 69-52 win over Kentucky Tuesday night.
Five Gators scored in double-digits, led by former The Rock standout Scottie Wilbekin with 14 points, 8 assists, and two steals.
Casey Prather was another bright spot for the Gators, with the junior forward scoring 8 points in the first half and finishing with 12.
Among the Gators celebration was a scary moment for Kentucky star freshman Nerlens Noel, who injured his left knee crashing into the basket support as he blocked a Mike Rosario layup attempt in the second half.
Noel was carried off the court by his teammates and taken to the hospital.
Gators head coach Billy Donoavn wished Noel well, and said the play was indicative of Noel's heart and athleticism, to come from behind to block Roasario's breakaway attempt.
Florida (20-3, 11-1) is now two games clear of everyone else in SEC play, with a road game at Auburn coming up this Saturday.
- Newberry Baseball Gets Into Double-Digit Wins With Double Digit Scoring
- Gator Baseball Team Wins Series vs. Kentucky, Moves Into Tie For 2nd In SEC East
- GATOR BASEBALL GETS 1ST SEC WIN
- Florida Women Beat Kentucky, Gators 3-0 at O'Connell Center over Weekend
- Florida Baseball Beats Kentucky, Takes Control of SEC Title Race
- Gator Mens Track and Field Win 1st SEC Indoor Title Since '04
- Gator Lacrosse Gets 1st NCAA Tournament Victory, 13-11 Winners Over Stanford
- Gator Soccer Wins the SEC Double
- Gators Continue Home Winning Streak After Win Over Kentucky
- Gators Stomp Kentucky, Move Up in BCS