PK Yonge To Honor Taylor Asbell's Memory With Special Night, Memorial Fund
GAINESVILLE- The PK Yonge Softball team will play Wednesday night's game against Buchholz with heavy hearts, as they honor former Blue Wave shortstop Taylor Asbell with a series of tributes.
Asbell-a 4.0 graduate from PK Yonge and who was universally liked- died unexpectedly last August at 19 years old.
The Blue Wave will play this season in memory of Asbell, and during the game against the Bobcats, PK will wear special jerseys with Taylor's favorite colors and also don special wristbands embroidered with Taylor's #4.
In addition, the PK Yonge softball team has started the Taylor Asbell Memorial Scholarship fund, which will go to a PK Yonge senior who best exemplifies the qualities of character and integrity that Taylor displayed and who plans on attending Santa Fe College, where Taylor was a sophomore when she passed away.
Those who wish to donate to the fund but who cannot attend the game can make a check payable to, Santa Fe College Foundation, and mail to:
- PK Yonge Softball Wins in Memory of Taylor Asbell
- Onward to Romney's Big Night, a Speech to Millions
- Gators Win on Senior Night, 66-62 vs Texas A&M
- Former PK Yonge Standout Taylor Asbell Dies
- PK Yonge Volleyball Beats Gainesville High On Senior Night
- Father Honors Son's Memory By Helping Kids Swim
- Gators James Earns Special Teams Honor
- Gator Gymnastics Honored With Special Ceremony
- Gators 'Weather' Delay, Defeat USF 2-0
- Suntrust Women's Gator Invitational: Day 1 Results